Cornish Life and Living Like a 'Proper' Traveller...

So, before I go off into what life was like living and working over in the Southwestern part of France, I wanted to rewind back to life within the Cornish borders during the month of June before I set off, once again for France. Unfortunately my persistent side of me won't allow me to miss out a chunk of my exploration journey, so here goes... 

June 2013

As some of you may be aware already, I had lived in Cornwall previously a few years back for approximately 8 years and I've never within those years experienced such delightful summer days. Cornwall is a strange place when it comes to the weather, you could be in one part and feel the warmth beneath your feet sat on a beach enjoying a BBQ or a beer or two... To running through streets of river like streams dodging the pours of rainfall and wrapping yourself up as if it were winter. It really does go from one extreme to the next, but I was lucky enough to enjoy a months worth of solid sunshine accompanied with a side order of a summer glow appearance.

So that's the weather sorted, onto my accommodation... Living like a 'proper' traveller in a caravan, yep that's right, a caravan. I was so happy and excited when I found out that the staff accommodation involved living on a camp site because I've always wanted to live in a caravan from as far back as I remember. I remember asking my mum a shelf load of questions in my younger teen years inquiring constantly about getting a caravan in the back garden and if it would be possible to live in it hahaha


I lived in a two bedroom fully fitted caravan with myself and two other girls (a couple), one girl was from the Northern part of England and the other from New Zealand so we had plenty of interesting conversations. It took some time getting used to the slight smell of gas, showering in a giant sink like basin and living in such a small space but the surroundings was worth it, especially waking up every morning to sea views, the smell of sea air and being surrounded by greener than green countryside. It also took some time getting used to the laid back side of life the Cornish enjoy so much, which isn't a problem at all apart from the fact that my bodily system has been well and truly trained over the years of working for fast paced companies and unfortunately it can't be altered in any way, shape or form.





And a few more shots taken in Padstow aka Padstein...