Mawgan Porth, Newquay, Cornwall

I was absolutely overjoyed when I discovered that Mawgan Porth beach, bay and village was just a short bike ride away from the camp site I was currently staying at. Due to the camp sites remote location and the closest shop being about 20-30 minutes away by foot, work kindly lent me a bike for my time there which was more than handy. I can't quite remember the last time I actually owned or even rode a bike apart from my recent time in Cornwall this year, maybe well over 10 years ago... You never forget how to ride a bike, right??!!

So now I had my very own handy, borrowed bike and a whole county to explore, I took to venturing out on my days off and during the evenings to... Well, where ever the roads would literally take me. I already knew that I lived very close to Newquay and had forgotten about the remote bays, villages and beaches that run along the route between where I was living and into Newquay itself.

One day I set off down a different route than usual, riding past farms selling fresh produce from potatoes to eggs to bread to carrots and so on... Passing churches and villages, derelict buildings and a huge snazzy golf course which I later found out was The Merlin Golf and Country Club until the sea and coast line was in full view. I instantly recognised the area and as I got closer and closer to this stunning bay I realised that I was now riding through Mawgan Porth and down to Mawgan Porth beach. My family and I used to visit this beauty of a bay with our dog (Prissie) and go on long walks with her, this beach being one of the many few which allow dogs on and one of the quietest so you enjoy your time there in semi peace.

Prissie...



The stunning views on the way down to the beach and through the village, I couldn't resist capturing this moment.




Mawgan Porth Beach... Raw beauty.










Surfers Paradise... www.surfing-cornwall.com