The Winter Season - REBORN


Only a few days ago it was 20+ degrees and I was up on top of the mountains in a T, sipping on a beer or two in the sunshine with blue skies above and green views below. There was practically no snow coverage beneath 1200m and the mountains from a distance was shedding off there snow dust quite rapidly day by day. It was getting to the point where organising a BBQ for the upcoming week felt a must do and time for a well overdue clear out was on the cards, over the past week I've been sorting out my cheap and cheerful winter wardrobe/gear into categories of keeps, will come in handy for next year or worn out, well used and time to meet the bin. I woke up yesterday morning quite early to a slight chill in the air and as I haven't had any heat on over the past week due to it being warm, I felt the need to put my heater on and not think anything else on the chilly matter. I must of dozed off again but awoke shortly after to the rumbling sounds of avalanches up in the mountains, this rumbling noise has been heard all week but never so often and almost hourly as yesterday. Then came the massive dump. More snow??!! Now??!! and not just a dusting of snow but a full on downpour of the stuff. I don't think the winter seasons over just yet, but REBORN!!!