Ski Day - Grand Finale

It was a long time coming for everyone at work to finally get together and arrange a full day up on the mountains to enjoy the remains of the snow and to celebrate in style. Was it worth the wait??!! Oh yes and what a day to remember. I can't quite believe that almost five months has passed by already since starting on this journey, where does the time go??!! We ventured on up to Bellevue and I spent the first few hours taking lessons, YAY, finally some much needed one on one near to professional lessons all courtesy of my boss taking the time to help me out and show me how it's done. I can now say goodbye to being in the snow plough mode. Seriously after all this time I've been putting so much strain on my upper legs by remaining in this position throughout my skiing sessions and not getting anywhere, it's like a huge weight has been lifted from me and I don't feel so tense along with the aches. After many practice runs, techniques shown and some more than useful tips we all met up and enjoyed our time on the slopes. I was always told from the start that by the end of the season I would be on the red runs but never in a million years did I think I would be skiing down a famous black run, yep you read right... BLACK RUN!!! The Kandahah is used annually for the Men's Downhill World Cup Ski Championships and is in fact a black run of 870 vertical metres and 3343 metres in length. The best skiers of the world get down it in two minutes. A series of very technical passages and jumps, make this descent one of most beautiful in the world. In France, only the resorts of Val d'Isere and Les Houches have a downhill piste for the World Cup of Alpine Skiing. I know, I know, really??!! I still can't believe this myself and no I didn't ski down like a World Cup Ski Champion and NO I wasn't drunk but I got down it in one piece and I'm very pleased with myself. Smiles all round.

Time for a well deserved Beerski/Champski...