The Black Weekend - Brevent


This was definately a date for the diary and for weeks I had planned to attend this huge famously known event happening all across the Chamonix valley, so at a given chance I took myself up to Plan Praz - 2000m via the gondola lift departing from Chamonix centre to where it was all happening. As soon as I arrived I took a little tour around to get a feel of the place and was pleasantly surprised by both the views over the valley and the effort that had been put in to create such an amazing atmosphere. The Black Weekend is a weekend music event/festival full of ski days, fresh new music, bringing different styles of winter sports and visuals from various international artists. The Black Weekend relies on the identity of the free skiing brand Black Crows, which symbolises the convergence of two worlds: free skiing and urban cultures. 







You can take the Brevent cable car up to a further 2525m (black run only) and enjoy the unique panoramic views of Mont Blanc. I don't think I will be skiing down this run anytime soon, maybe in a few years time being a first time skier and all. I plan to do things properly for the upcoming winter 2013/14, like actually take up some professional one on one ski lessons out here and then maybe just maybe I might get somewhere.


Perfect weather for a spot of paragliding. This has been on my bucket list for quite some time now but unfortunately I still haven't accomplished this goal... YET!!! It will happen 'one day' and if not during these winter/spring months then it will happen over the summer period for sure, I hope, fingers and toes crossed. But it was great to watch them gliding over the valley as well as over the pistes and what a sense of freedom this must feel. 




Just chilling!!! Enjoying a very tasty bite to eat from the many food stalls that were installed on the piste whilst listening to some funky beats and catching some rays off the sun, I seriously couldn't think of a better way to spend my Sunday afternoon. Relaxation to the max.